As spring comes many start researching above ground pools and in-ground pools. There are many choices for the consumer. Price, size and quality are just to name a few. These products could be considered a discount pool but a discount pool does not mean lower quality. Set up crews are usually available from the distributor along with pre-site recommendations. Be sure to search You Tube videos on Above Ground Pool Set-up for more information. The National Swimming Pool Institute has an entire booklet on the building code construction standard for the assembly of Above Ground swimming pools.
These standards are summarized here within this section.
- Sod Removal from Affected Area
- Site Drainage Considerations
- Frame Foundation and Site Leveling
- Pool Liner Support Base Material
The smooth, debris free masonry sand beneath the liner will act as a necessary buffer between the harsh terrain of the pool site and the thin vinyl water tight membrane we call a pool liner.
Local Code Awareness
- When you obtain your permit for the pool, display it properly prior to starting construction
- Be sure the pool location is in accord with zoning rules
- Be sure to take care to avoid underground pipes and wires
- Codes apply to overhead wires as well. Review your site plans against these restrictions
- You must also arrange for the proper wiring of the pool pump
Enjoy your summer with a new Above-Ground pool. Click on the links on this page for more product choices and start your summer with a new quality above-ground pool.